Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ban me

I like to talk about stuff that keeps happening to me; so here’s something that never seizes to amaze me; it goes something like this:
“The Kaffirs have made a fake Quran and are selling it online to innocent muslims worldwide. Here’s the link (and then a ridiculous link), please do not go to this site, forward this to as many muslims as you can!”

Dude, I missed the point here.
Like, if you didn’t want us to go there, why’d you give us the stupid link anyway?

Now, almost everyone I know has a profile on orkut or Facebook or whatever, actively reads Email and chats, carries a mobile phone or two, all in all very tech-savvy but I can’t understand for the life of it how stupid can a guy get?

I mean, if you tell a guy about a lame book and ask him never to read it, rest assured he’s not gonna get to the nearest bookstore and buy it.
But on the net, completely different rules apply. Give a guy a “Do-not-Click” link and chances are, 10 out of 10 people are gonna click on it 1) because they can or 2) to see it for themselves.
Which is exactly what we’re trying to stop. Everyone knows how easy it is to set up a site. Its getting people to visit that’s the hard part. And by providing a link, you’re indirectly supporting their cause and giving them the publicity they wanted in the first place.

So the next time some person sends you a bad link and asks you not to go there, don’t forward that to everyone…tell the guy what this is all about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salaams:
I usually read your posts in an RSS reader so I didn't know about your new blog until now !

I quite understand your point of a new blog - so does that mean you are retiring your old blog ?

I sure am going to miss those types of articles !

God Speed !

-=A.R.N.=- said...

hey...sorry to disappoint you dude, but Random Thoughts is still live! :-)

Like I said in the blog, I need space to put down stuff I can't write on the other blog. Hope to hear from you soon..

Arbab said...

Assalamo Alaykum
Read your posts today and I feel really happy that you are putting them in a nice manner. Infact this particular situation which you have mentioned is unfortunately encountered quite frequently. This is because the people think that they are doing something great and in reality they are doing stupid things. Anyways, we should work on building emaan first because muslim ummah today dont have time to pray Namaz.. reading Quran is too far..so who has the time to read Fake Quran.